Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Why Nerium?

I'm a lawyer by trade, but I've only done pro bono work in recent years because I've been staying home with my three young sons (Michael - age 4, Isaac - age 3, and Liam - age 1).  This is a choice we made for our family.  Most days, I love it.  However, I really miss getting my own paycheck, I miss working with other people, and I miss the excitement of professional success.

When my sorority sister introduced me to Nerium, I never imagined selling it.  However, it worked so well on a surgical scar, that I fell in love with the product.  When I found out how financially sound the company was and that their mission is to "Make People Better", I had to get involved.  I'm so glad I did.  Being a Nerium Brand Partner means so much to me, and it's more than just sharing wonderful products that work.

You need to understand that, when I was a child, I was a nerd.  I'm still a nerd, but, as a child, being a nerd didn't feel like a good thing.  It had a lot of crud that went with it.  I thought I could handle it.  I thought I was strong enough.  When I'd see another kid getting picked on, I'd say, "Stop it!  Leave him alone."  Then, the kids would turn and pick on me more.  I did this because I knew I could take it, and I didn't know what the other kid could handle. 

In my early adult years, I learned that I really couldn't handle it.  I learned that all those years of "taking it" had done horrible things to my self-esteem and my self-worth.  I made a lot of poor decisions, especially in my relationships.  I didn't value myself.  I allowed people to hurt me because I didn't think I deserved better.

It wasn't until I met my husband, a kind and generous man, that things started to turn around.  At first, I didn't want to accept his love.  How could such a great guy love me?  Then, he told me, "I love you just the way you are.  You are the perfect person for me.  I wouldn't change anything about you."  Something clicked.  I had always lived in the "land of the ugly", watching the beautiful people, but believing I could never be a part of their world.  Now, someone wonderful loved me, and I came to realize that I did deserve his love.  I was worthy.  I was beautiful.

Now, I want to lift up others.  I want to help people see in themselves what I see in them.  I want everyone to feel beautiful.  It's not just sharing Nerium.  It's sharing a kind word, encouraging others, never walking away from an opportunity to show someone how much they mean in this world. 

Every person is beautiful.  I want to help you become your most beautiful you, inside and out.   


Beautiful Day. Beautiful You.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment